+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Remove Fine Silt Settled on the bottom of Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Default How to Remove Fine Silt Settled on the bottom of Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Hi All,
    Thank you in advance for your kind help. I'm in Venice Beach Calif. and have a rectangular 18' X 9' Intex Ultra Frame with 1200 GPH sand filter pump and SWG that I got last Summer. It's worked like a dream, crystal clear water...UNTIL the rain & wind earlier this year blew off the solar cover and deposited a lot of fine dust that has settled on the bottom. The water is still sparkling clear, but this black silt remains in patches on the bottom. I've tried a hand held pole vacuum with micro mesh filter bags, a water hose driven sweeper with doubled super fine micro-mesh bags, but this dust blows through them, clouds up the water then re-settles. I've used an agitator to keep it circulating in the water with the filter on for 48 hours but the darn stuff is still there. Does anyone know of a vacuum or sweeper or SOMETHING to get this stuff out of my pool?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
    P.S. all the chemicals, readings, etc.. are otherwise perfect as usual.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: How to Remove Fine Silt Settled on the bottom of Intex Ultra Frame Pool

I think the first thing would be to see if your filter can capture the dust. Doing the DE test will tell you: http://pool9.net/de-test/

If your filter does NOT pass the DE test, you check (a) that your sand level is correct and (b) that you have actual sand filter sand, and not something the Quikrete sorta-maybe-not quite filter sand.

If your filter DOES pass the DE test, then your 'swirl it up' approach will work . . . eventually. However, for faster results, get the Intex Wall-Mounted Skimmer add-on, and use it to hook up a basic hose / vac head / pole set up.

See http://pool9.net/ssp/clean/ for complete info.

+ Reply to Thread