+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Our First Pool -- Intex 9 x 12

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Our First Pool -- Intex 9 x 12

Calcium isn't an issue with the SSR; it IS an issue with an SWCG (salt system).

I would STRONGLY recommend starting up with the SSR, and then switching to salt once you figure everything out. Go ahead and add salt and install the unit, and run it long enough to make sure it's working properly.

If you don't get a sand filter, DO order the Unicel cartridges (SSR page). What will probably be the easiest way to manage the calcium will require good filtration.

Of course, it's possible that your calcium WON'T be an issue. Watch the Taylor test videos (http://pool9.net/tk-guide/) and then post your results once you have them.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by BlackQueen40 View Post
    Also, I noticed you are saying Intex 9 x 12 but our Intex pool is 18 x 9. :-)
    He is saying that because that is what you put on the title when you started the thread.

Okay, I'm getting a bit confused. And, I'm sorry about the confusion on the size of our pool as well. Anyway, we do have a sand filter system that comes with our pool and I ordered the saltwater system to go with it. It arrived day before yesterday and our pool has arrived, as well, but I can't pick it up until my husband gets home with his truck to pick it up. We are considering contacting our local fire department to fill the pool as some friends of our daughter's said that for a donation they will come fill it up so you can get that part done faster. I'm not sure how they do that, though, so I don't know whether that would be the right thing to do or not. As soon as I get a chance I will watch the videos. Oh! I did finally find the OTO/Red Phenol test kit and am ready to test when we finally get to that part. Thank you for your time and patience with me. :-)

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Make sure you have some dichlor on hand, before you fill the pool.

Dichlor has stabilizer in it; bleach does not. You can get too much stabilizer in your pool, but without it, you can lose ALL the chlorine in your pool in as little as 1 hour of full sun, no matter how much you put in!

+ Reply to Thread