+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bleach? But what do you use for chlorine?

Smile Bleach? But what do you use for chlorine?

That's pretty well a quote from a neighbor down the road last night. Strong storm moved through and dumped leaves in both our pools. She called while I was vacuuming to ask if she could borrow our vacuum hose, as theirs had cracked while she was using it. I told her to give me a few minutes and she could have it when I was done.
    She came out to the pool with her 17 year old daughter, and they were both amazed at the water. She commented on the clarity (mind you, this was after vacuuming, and it wasn't all that clear, IMO), and her daughter said it "glitters". She asked about the filter, then asked what I put in to make it that clear. When I told her nothing but bleach and muriatic acid had been added since it was built, she came out with the "Bleach? But what do you use for chlorine?" line. I explained it to her. Maybe a convert???
    Virtually identical pools. Same well water. Theirs about 5 years older than ours.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Bleach? But what do you use for chlorine?

LOL. I hear those types of comments alot.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

If there was a pool store just down the road instead of 40 minutes away I could get my daily chuckles by getting a part time job there.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Poconos
    If there was a pool store just down the road instead of 40 minutes away I could get my daily chuckles by getting a part time job there.
    Al
    Nobody believes it until they see it in action. I stopped by a local motel a few weeks back to see about reserving a banquet room. Went past their pool, and was amazed how dull and milky it looked. I'm used to mine.

+ Reply to Thread