+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex SWG - high salt no chlorine - HELP PLEASE

Default Intex SWG - high salt no chlorine - HELP PLEASE

First time poster. We have an Intex SWG and this is the beginning of our 2nd season with the system. We replaced the sand and the titanium electorode before opening the pool this year. Now, we have a high salt warning and get low/no chlorine when using acqua chem my salt pool test strips. our last testing had the following results:

hardness - 250
    T Chlorine - 0
    Free Chlorine - 0
    PH - 7.2
    Alkalinity - 120
    Stabilizer - 100
    Salt was 5590

Any feedback on how to fix is greatly appreciated!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Intex SWG - high salt no chlorine - HELP PLEASE

1. Unless you want algae, add chlorine IMMEDIATELY! You're about to get algae. The fact that your SWCG is not working is no reason to allow your chlorine level to be zero. Go get some PLAIN 8% bleach and add 1 gallon per 10,000 gallons of water, TODAY!

2. Consider the possibility that your SWCG has died AND/OR that your test strips are inaccurate. As far as I know, ONLY the AquaCheck (NOT: AquaChem) strips are reasonably accurate. If you *meant* AquaCheck, remember that those strips can NOT be read directly, but that you MUST use the conversion table.

The reason for mentioning these things, is that if your SWCG is dead OR your strips are inaccurate, you may not want to proceed to the steps below.

3. Assuming that your SWCG is functioning, AND that your strips are accurate AND that your pool has a water depth close to 3' 9" (45"), drain 1' 6" (18") from your pool, and refill. That should leave you with a salt level ~3,000 ppm. (But, check your manual first: I think 3,000 ppm is correct, but I'm not sure.)

4. . . . membership updated.

+ Reply to Thread