+ Reply to Thread

Thread: salt too low on salt system

Default salt too low on salt system

Everything was working well...chemistry good. One day low salt came on. I had added about 2 inches of water to my 15 ft. round intex pool previously several days before light came on. I added 6 lbs salt but light stays on, Ended up putting a total of 18 lbs all together and the light remains on. I run the pump 3 hrs a day, chem strip shows very little clorine. This is my 2nd years with this system and I cleaned the electrodes as recommended after last season. Any ideas on this problem? thanks, jim

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: salt to low on salt system

its model # is cs711. I had the water tested today. salt was way high at 5100. I took out half the water and am now refilling it. I also cleaned the eletrodes but they didn't look to bad. Hopefully, this will take care of the problem.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: salt to low on salt system

The manual for a "CS7110" Intex SWCG is here:
    http://slink.intexdevelopment.com/b2...R0_1406_EN.pdf

I don't think there is a CS711.

Let me know of the lower salt level fixes things, however the Intex SWCG have only a 1 year warranty -- and if you use BOOST mode (AKA the 'kill my SWCG unit quickly' mode!) much you'll be lucky if it lasts 1 month past warranty.

Default Re: salt too low on salt system

that number is 7111. Are there better units I may want to look into?

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

There are definitely better better SWCGs than Intex, and they cost significantly more. Adapting a NON-Intex SWCG to an Intex system can be done, but it requires some adapters and ingenuity. If I was replacing an Intex SWCG, I'd probably get the biggest Intex model available and use it ONLY for normal operation. I'd shock with Walmart generic bleach. If I was replacing the WHOLE circulation system AND was confident that I'd have a pool for 5 years, I'd look at Penair and Hayward systems if I was having a contractor install it and a Hayward if I were installing.

Pappy
    Last edited by Pappy; 06-17-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: clearifacation
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

What he said . . .

"Penair" = Pentair. Pentair pumps and filters are generally good. Their salt systems? Not so much.

+ Reply to Thread