+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fence or cover for intex pool

Default Fence or cover for intex pool

Last year we set up a 15'x36" intex pool and were very happy with it. But I always had a lingering fear about safety and am hesitant to put it up this year without some additional protection. We don't have a fenced yard and we live in a neighborhood with lots of kids. We are in an unincorporated area, so there are no requirements for a fence or such. I am not worried about our own kids as I consider supervision the only real safety measure anyway and we remove the ladder when it is not in use. But there are little children in the area (often running through our yard) and an older child with developmental disabilities and I worry about over night or when we are not home what could happen.

I have been looking but the only options I am seeing are more than double the price of the pool and for more permanent pools. Anyone know of a safety cover or fencing that could just add a little height to a metal frame intex pool??

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

mommak is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mommak 0

Default Re: Fence or cover for intex pool

As a parent with children, I make sure that when we aren't in our pool, I always remove the ladder and place it a good distance from the pool. We have many children right next to us and I feel most comfortable knowing that we are safe having our yard fenced in.
    Perhaps if it's not in the budget to fence your entire yard, look into the cost of fencing the perimeter of your pool. Seems your safest bet.
    Intex AG, 18' x 48", 7,500 gallons,
    Intex Sand Filter-SF 20110
    K-2006 Test Kit

mommak is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mommak 0

An idea, May not look the best. You could buy 6-7 foot post, place them around your pool, then use some type of fencing (only thing that I can think of now is either chicken wire, metal or the plastic kind) then attach it to the posts. If it's tall enough, no one could get in. Have one part of this large enough so that you can open it in order to place the ladder.
    Intex AG, 18' x 48", 7,500 gallons,
    Intex Sand Filter-SF 20110
    K-2006 Test Kit

I have a Summer Escapes 14' x 42" pro-series pool, I was really concerned in regards to safety with my 2 children. I installed a Vinyl works fence around my pool, it is a costly investment but safety is worth every penny.

Where the arrow i am designing a lock fence gate, as for the other side i have to finish this weekend. My opinion of the fence is very professional look, very sturdy. after looking up and down side to side this was the only option i could come up with.
    Eddie
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons, Intex 12 inch sand pump, Intex SWCG, Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump, surrounded by Vinyl Works Fence using a Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector, Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235, 12 mil Clear Solar Blanket

Here is the final product:[IMG][/IMG]
    Eddie
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons, Intex 12 inch sand pump, Intex SWCG, Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump, surrounded by Vinyl Works Fence using a Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector, Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235, 12 mil Clear Solar Blanket

That came out looking very nice!
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Thank you so much Kelemvor
    Eddie

Great solution! Looks very nice too!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread