+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New user with 14' Summer Escapes pool

Default New user with 14' Summer Escapes pool

I just bought and set up a 14' Summer Escape pool. Unfortunately, I have filled it 90% full before finding this site and have not added anything to it. I'm on my way to get an HTH 6-way and the other startup stuff. Should I add all of the doses of bleach at once and the finish filling it? Thank you.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New user

No, the doses of bleach are not meant to be added all at once. The directions for our Super Simple Start-up Recipe tell you when to add what. If you don't have any dichlor yet, you can use bleach until you buy some dichlor. (What kind is listed in recipe.)

http://pool9.net/sspool-info/

Welcome to the Pool Forum. Let us know if you have any further questions and we'll be glad to try and help.

Thank you. I was also wondering about useing the Chlorine tabs that they sell. According to my directions I can use those, but I'm guessing the dichlor is better?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Dichlor is better for a new fill because it allows you to build up some CYA faster which is good. CYA is kind of like sunscreen for your chlorine. Without enough in the water, your chlorine disappears really fast especially on a hot sunny day. For every 10ppm of chlorine that Dichlor adds, it also adds 9ppm of CYA. Once your CYA is around 50, you'll want to switch to only using bleach so your CYA doesn't get too high.

Trichlor also adds CYA but those tabs dissolve really slowly. You'll be better off just using the dichlor and leaving the trichlor tabs at the store.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

. . . membership updated.

The Super Simple recipe is here: http://pool9.net/ssr/; the other page is info about various soft-side pool makers.

Good catch, Ben. I grabbed the wrong link from the list.

+ Reply to Thread