+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Convert a Summer Escapes / Pro Series pool to use an Intex sand filter & pump

Default Convert a Summer Escapes / Pro Series pool to use an Intex sand filter & pump

There are so many configurations and some many threads out there, i will be trying to update this as i go.

How to convert a Summer Escapes to either a Intex sand pump filter or Intex Saltwater or the combo system.

For myself I have a Summer Escapes Pro-series 14’ by 42”. Knowing myself I do not like hose clamps, and the plastic ones included in the kit seem very cheap. I am a big fan with screw type connections. That why I choose to have my system to be all 1.5 inch hosing with screw connection. I also do not like 1.25 to 1.5 inch, I know it is not a big deal as some of you guys say; this is just a preference of mine. I figure now with a bigger pump I like to have everything at 1.5 inch and make sure flow doesn’t travel from 1.25 inch to 1.5 inch.

The system I am using:
    Intex 12 inch Sand Pump Filter 28645EG
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System CG-26883

For this you will need the following parts:
    1. The system of your choosing
    2. Intex 2 Plunger valves (P/N 10747E) $12.24
    3. Intex Strainer and Nozzle (P/N 11704) $15.72
    Steps:
    Disassemble
    1. Drain your pool till you are below the diverter and the skimmer.
    2. Remove the diverter valve.
    3. Remove the summer escapes skimmer and all internal parts of the skimmer (Basket, filter etc.)
    4. Remove the filter pump.
    Assemble
    1. With a 2.5 inch hole saw begin to remove the bottom of the skimmer
    2. After modification of the hole, you must carefully remove the material outside the bottom of the skimmer. PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO CUT THE DRAIN.
    3. Install the Intex strainer on bottom of skimmer where the modification to the skimmer was made, you will not need the intex strainer grid it is your option to use or not, the summer escape basket works just fine.
    4. Install the summer escapes basket into skimmer
    5. Install one plunger valve to the strainer (check for leaks)
    6. Re-install the skimmer to the pool according to summer escapes manual
    7. Where the diverter valve was removed you will need to enlarge the hole to install the intex nozzle on a summer escapes pool. (I use a xacto knife and took my time)
    8. Upon modification install the nozzle to the pool
    9. Install one plunger valve to the nozzle (check for leaks)
    10. Here is the beauty now just screw in all your hoses and you are done.

Follow all the instructions of the intex sand filter pump and intex krystal saltwater

I would keep you updated on the progress. Feel free to ask any questions.

I really hope this helps
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-16-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: edit title

Default Re: How to convert a Summer Escapes pool to use an Intex Sand filter pump and Saltwat

Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-16-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: fix pix

Default Re: How to convert a Summer Escapes pool to use an Intex Sand filter pump and Saltwat

There has been a delay, we are building a patio in the back yard to set the pool up.
    FYI , i also tried the following but again did not want to use a screw clamp, but it is a good invention.

Feel free to ask any questions, i have did a lot of research in every aspect for this conversion.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-16-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: fix pix

Update:

As there working on my back yard, I have decided to install a vinyl works safety fence for my summer escapes pool, I understand this will be a bit tedious to accomplish.

I will be updated pictures of the conversion and the fence within 2 weeks, as long as the masonry contractors don't take too many lunch breaks.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-16-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: fix typo

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Convert a Summer Escapes / Pro Series pool to use an Intex sand filter & pump

Thanks. I hadn't see this, till I was searching for an answer for another poster. I've edited the title, since a lot of "Summer Escapes" pools are being sold as "Pro Series" now, and made this a sticky.

Here are some YouTube videos that may help (I haven't watched them completely yet):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38tsLyvqEe4 (5 min)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmCbzQgNMvs (5 min)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQAcvhKbrU (7 min)

The conversion requires adapters; I believe the first one below is the one you used:
    Summer Escapes Skimmer Filter Pump Conversion Kit
    GAME 4550 Filter hose Conversion Kit

Another option is to cut in new fittings, and install the Intex pool separately. This gallery illustrates one guy's progress:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1038544...t?noredirect=1

Default Re: Convert a Summer Escapes / Pro Series pool to use an Intex sand filter & pump

Thank you so much Pool Doc

The process will begin Saturday, I had order some 2 inch extruded polystyrene for the underside of the pool being it is going on concrete. The plan of attack is to lay the foam down, install the tarp, and begin to assembly the pool. I will post pictures this weekend, i hope i can help someone here one day like everyone has helped me.

I started the pool, I decided to use Lowes Extruded Polystyrene 3/4 of inch, cut 5 inches completed around my pool with a landscape edging filled with red mulch. See my little helper making the measurements, we will begin erecting the pool Saturday morning, keep you posted.

Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-22-2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: fix pix

Well the pool is full and conversion was successful:

Here are some pics:

I also including my pics of the vinyl works fence and the red rubber mulch

Please feel free to ask any questions, I would love to help.
    Eddie
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons, Intex 12 inch sand pump, Intex SWCG, Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump, surrounded by Vinyl Works Fence using a Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector, Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235, 12 mil Clear Solar Blanket

+ Reply to Thread