+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: really cloudy water

Default Re: really cloudy water

Sucks but I have to say I understand, I'm still trying to find the hth 6 way, I do appreciate all your help thus far!

but if you could at least answer the question I had about the pressure that would be cool.... I recopied below

I also noticed that when the pressure reaches 19 after adding the DE the flow of water from the return drastically decreases to almost nothing, is this normal?
    12k gal 24' x 4' deep ft round AG vinyl pool, sand filter. PF=10

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Yes, anytime your pressure increases on your filter, it will cut back on the flow you feel at the return. But, if you have little to no flow, then your pressure is too high and you need to backwash.

You may be adding too much DE. You only want enough to raise the pressure by 1 or 2 psi. Backwash your filter and note the clean filter pressure. Then, add a very small amount of DE. You may not see an immediate rise in pressure. I usually don't. Wait a half hour and if you still don't see the 1-2 psi rise, add a little more.

Good luck with getting your pool cleared up. I wish we would have been able to help you more.

Thanks watermom!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You are welcome.

It's inferred but needs to be said...the money you spend on the K-2006 test kit will actually save you more money in the long run by helping you to define what and how much to add to your pool to keep it clean and clear. I spend less than $100 a season (April - October) on pool supplies but I couldn't do it without measuring my levels accurately and consistently.
    15,000 Gallon AG -24' round -- Vinyl Liner -- 1 HP Hayward Power Flow LX -- Sand Filter -- PF=5.5

unfortunately I found out about the kit later rather than sooner, as much as I'd like to change my current situation I cannot, I have a friend in another state ( since my local walmarts don't have it) looking for the hth 6 way at least, so I can test for the cya a lil more accurately than the pool store. hopefully she will find it. until then I will continue with the methods pooldoc and watermom have told me about so I can at least "keep" my pool.
    thank you for your input! I have definitely learned A LOT from this forum and when my circumstances do change the K-2006 test kit will be purchased!

+ Reply to Thread