+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris P935 nearly climbing out of my pool

Default Polaris P935 nearly climbing out of my pool

I bought the P935 at the beginning of the season. So far I'm not too thrilled with it. It doesn't capture fine particles (just shoots them out into the water). And now, I has been practically trying to climb out of the pool. When it brushes the waterline, the thing pitches to one side and tries to move sideways. Then, one wheel will touch the coping and climb out of the water until it falls back in and floats. It take a minute or so to right itself and then the cycle repeats. After doing this a few times, it stops with an error message.

The water is about 6 inches below the coping right at mid skimmer level. The troubleshooting part in the manual is useless. Only says, "if problem persists, contact Polaris Technical Support". I tried them twice. The wait time on both calls per their phone service was 45+ minutes! Sorry, I can't stay on hold that long during the day. I have to work to pay for the dang thing :-/

So, might just try and take it back if it's not too late. But, I thought I'd solicit input here first. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Splash
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

Default Re: Polaris P935 nearly climbing out of my pool

Nobody else I guess has any ideas? I didn't have much time over the weekend to fool around with it. Maybe the unit itself needs to be cleaned. IDK???
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

I don't have any idea what might be wrong with your cleaner, but when I had an issue installing my Polaris 280, I used their online chat feature and was helped promptly. Perhaps you might try that instead of calling?

I was very happy with the service I received. I accidentally cut a hose the wrong length and they sent a free replacement (I fully expected to pay for the hose).
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Thanks for the reply. I did try the online chat a few times. No one got on the other end of the chat end the sessions kept timing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Splash View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I did try the online chat a few times. No one got on the other end of the chat end the sessions kept timing out.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Just to update;
    I've run the P935 on bottom only mode and it works fine. It just stops climbing about 10 inches below the waterline and them continues. So, I'll just keep running it that way. I still brush my pool by hand once a week anyway just to be clean crazy.

Never did get through to Polaris tech support. I'm guessing they're swamped with others like me???

Happy Summer,
    Splash

I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution. It stinks though that you weren't able to get through to Polaris tech support.

I have a Pool Shark unit for cleaning. There should be an adjustment somewhere around where your pump/filter/heater equipment are located. There is a valve handle that controls how much water is fed into the cleaner and that determines how fast the cleaner moves around the pool and how high it will climb the sides of the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman59 View Post
    I have a Pool Shark unit for cleaning. There should be an adjustment somewhere around where your pump/filter/heater equipment are located. There is a valve handle that controls how much water is fed into the cleaner and that determines how fast the cleaner moves around the pool and how high it will climb the sides of the pool.
    The P935 is electric (AC converted to DC at the control panel). It doesn't operate off any pump water flow. It be nice if you could adjust the way rises out of the pool at the waterline. I wonder if it can be serviced to make such an adjustment?

It works well the way I'm using it now. I just don't have the time to take it back to the Fool Store (pool store) to get them to mess with. I'm guessing they'll say it works as advertised anyway...

+ Reply to Thread