+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Intex 12x30 _what is my daily dose

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Intex 12x30 _what is my daily dose

We do!

I'm sorry to post on my old thread, but it won't let me post anywhere else!

My GFI plug on my pump seems to be water logged from all the rain we've had in FL the last week or so. I came home from vacation and it won't reset and start. Has anyone else heard of this problem? Should I just pray for some drier weather and it will start again? I'm hoping it will be drier today and I can get in and scrub the pool. It's starting to get slimy. I came back to no chlorine and about 7.2 pH, I added dichlor and borax yesterday and I will check again tonight if the storms aren't too bad when I get home from work.
    12 x 30" Intex

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

You should be able to post in this section; you just can't post in the Getting Started any more.

1. GFCI units aren't fixable. You wouldn't want to fix them in any case -- you couldn't be sure it was safe. Is the GFCI unit on the cord, and external to the pump?

2. You can maintain the pool with bleach and dichlor, but keep the chlorine high and DO NOT SWIM! If you load the pool up with swimmers, when you have no filtration, you're likely to end up with a swamp.

3. If the GFCI is external, you can cut it off, and rewire a new plug onto the cord. You'll need a separate GFCI; your pool won't be safe without one.

This plug replaces the male plug on your extension cord; you have to cut the cord and rewire it. You *may* be able to use it to replace the GFCI on the pump
    Leviton 16693 15A 120VCompact Right Angle GFCI

This is a simple plug:
    Leviton 660-515CV-0CV 15A 125V Male Connector, Yellow

I'd recommend that you get those models from Amazon; similar products are usually available from Lowes or Home Depot, but they have unsuitable products mixed in with suitable one, and you have to read labels very, very carefully . . . and know exactly what you're looking for. If you need appropriate extension cords, here are 2:
    US Wire 74050 12/3 50-Foot SJTW Yellow Heavy Duty Lighted Plug Extension Cord
    US Wire 74100 12/3 100-Feet SJTW Yellow Heavy-Duty Lighted Extension Cord

Ideally, you'll put the GFCI on one of these, and the plain plug on the pump. That way, the GFCI will be off the ground and semi-protected.

Finally . . . I'm guessing your GFCI lay in a puddle? Don't do that! The new GFCI won't have that problem -- IF you put it on the extenstion -- since it will plug directly into your receptacle. But make sure the extension cord / pump plug connections are raised off the ground, too.

Here's another option:
    TRC 26020008-6 12/3 GFCI Protected Tri-Cord Set 3-Outlets, 2-Ft, 15A Yellow

Thank you for your quick reply. The GFI is on male end of the cord, which is plugged into an extension cord. I keep the plug on a concrete square. It wasn't in a puddle, but when I look at the button to reset it looks like condensation inside the button. I will look into a new plug end or new pump. Thanks
    12 x 30" Intex

+ Reply to Thread