+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting debris in return from Pentair DE filter, but no DE

pktivey Guest

Default Getting debris in return from Pentair DE filter, but no DE

Hi,

I recently had trouble with DE getting sent back into the pool from my Pentari 60" DE filter. You could see it coming thru the return.

I followed some instructions from youtube to open and check out the filter, and the air bleed had a big hole in the metal mesh. So, I ordered one on the internet, replaced it, cleaned all the grids with a hose, put them all back in, and everything's great.

Except that I have a tiny filter on one of the returns--this is the filter that protects my Polaris 360 from getting stuff in it--and that filter always has little leaves and stuff in it, but NOT DE.

How on Earth am I getting little leaves going thru the filter but not DE?

Not that it matters I don't suppose, but I also had to replace the spider gasket on my Pentair multiport valve a month ago. I have re-checked it, and it seems to be 100% in place, so I suspect the water is getting routed thru the filter.

I'm a newbie to this forum, and eventually I will probably hassle you all about fixing my Polaris (it hasn't worked right since the filter started shooting DE through it last fall). But one thing at a time.

Thanks,

pktivey

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Getting debris in return from Pentair DE filter, but no DE

It could be water is bypassing your filter. The simple case, would be a multiport valve in the wrong positions.

Alternatively, your Polaris feed line could be incorrectly connected upstream of the filter, rather than downstream.

+ Reply to Thread