+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I replace an Esther Williams pool liner

Default How can I replace an Esther Williams pool liner

Hello.
    I'm in the unfortunate position of having to replace an Esther Williams beaded liner. As many of you may know, they're much more expensive than a regular beaded liner. Any ideas of where to get these liners more affordably? I really don't want to spend over $300 for a liner. TIA.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: How can I replace an Esther Williams pool liner

I'm pretty sure you only need a beaded liner that fits; it doesn't have to be Esther Williams brand. Call some of the online liner companies, and ask.

The last time I changed a liner in one of those it was a mess, way too much liner and no place to put it. Check your measurements very closely. Side to side in several places and especially the wall height. I seldom dealt with that brand of pool so I am not sure if they are all like that or if the liner was just oversized. We got it in and the customer could swim, that's about all I can say.

Let us know what you find out, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

I was directed by an installer to a website that shows the differences between the beaded liners. See here: http://www.njpoolstore.com/pattern-liners/ . He really feels as if it makes a difference and that I should go with an EW beaded liner as opposed to a regular beaded. Believe me, I would love to save the money, I just don't want to have problems later. Ive had this pool for 11 years and this is the first problem, so I'd say that I've done very well with this type of liner.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

If they have different types of beads that could be significant; honestly, I don't know.

Let us know how it goes.

I took a look at that link and it does seem to indicate there are different types of beads. I also noticed the EW bead wasn't much different in price, if at all, compared to the "standard" bead type.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

For the longest time the Swimline brand of liners were promoted that there standard bead would accommodate and Esther Williams pool and we sold many Swimline liners to be used on Esther Williams pools and they worked fine. About 2-3 years ago Swimline stopped promoting the fact that there liner could be used on an Esther Williams pool, I am not sure if Swimline changed there bead or if they got burnt on a few pools which made them change there wording. From my understanding Esther Williams uses a little thicker bead than the standard bead.
    Inyopools

Thanks for that information.

+ Reply to Thread