+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Water testing and left over trichlo

Default Re: Water testing and left over trichlo

New results posted, seeing nice results in TA and CYA.
    Will continue aeration and add a small amount (1/4 gallon) of acid to lower pH.
    Sean

15k gal concrete freeform IG pool, Sta-Rite PLM200 cartridge filter, Sta-Rite 3/4HP P6E6D-205L pump, feeding trichlor, 8hrs/day. PF=8

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Looking good.

I'd caution against testing CYA so often. There's a very limited number of CYA tests in the kits.

It only changes when you add it (directly, or by using dichlor or trichlor), when you drain pool water, or when it's consumed by bacteria (usually over the winter).

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

On the topic of disposing of toxic waste (as chlorine tablets would qualify)...You need to check with your town and possibly your county. I would presume that California, like New Jersey, has very strict laws on disposal of such substances (I have a can of gas that has been contaminated with water and I have to wait till October to dispose of it). We have only 2 collection days a year for it. You cannot just (legally) put it in the trash or wash it down the drain.
    Carl

Opening my pool for the summer!
    I have added my readings to the spreadsheet. FC at 3.2 and CC at 0, pH 7.8, TA 125, CH 350 and CYA 120(appears to have lowered over winter.
    My goal is to add 2 gallons of bleach tonight and maintain levels overnight and shoot for FC to stay between 6 and 12.
    Am I on the right track?
    Sean

15k gal concrete freeform IG pool, Sta-Rite PLM200 cartridge filter, Sta-Rite 3/4HP P6E6D-205L pump, feeding trichlor, 8hrs/day. PF=8

With a CYA of 120, (assume you diluted), I would aim higher with that FC. See: http://poolsolutions.com/gd/best-gue...e-chart.html#a
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    With a CYA of 120, (assume you diluted), I would aim higher with that FC. See: http://poolsolutions.com/gd/best-gue...e-chart.html#a
    +1

You need to maintain "shock" level appropriate for your CYA level until all 3 of these conditions are met:

1. Water is clear
    2. CC is less than .5ppm
    3. Overnight FC loss is less than 1ppm (test FC after sunset, then again the next morning before the sun hits the pool)

22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread