+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bubbles in my filter?

Default bubbles in my filter?

I'm new to the forum but also new (within 6 months) to swimming pool ownership as well.

I have been doing ok at working my in-ground pool (which is 12,500 gallons and includes an in-ground spa.) I run the filter daily and have had no problems until recently. I generally run a kreepy krauler the entire period through the skimmer as I have no wall vac. the water is filtered and then i run it about 80% back to the spa which spills to the pool and then the remaining 20% directly back to the pool through a jandy valve. I have noticed a lot of bubbles coming to the top of my filter the last few days when running the kreepy krauly but get none when just running the skimmer.

I'm looking for ideas on how to resolve the issue. I have checked the connection on the hoses of the kreepy krauly and they all seem to be snug.

thanks for the help!

Default Re: bubbles in my filter?

The extra load the Kreepy puts on the suction side of the system is just enough for the pump to "find" some suction leaks. Most probably it is in the "O" ring at the top of the pump basket. If the ring is slightly flattened, hard, and/or not lubricated it will allow small amounts of air to be sucked in. DO NOT over tighten the lid to try to make up for any of these conditions. Buy a new ring. Under normal circumstances you should not need to use any tool to open the pump lid, and never use one to tighten it.

After that, any component (fitting, valve, Kreepy hose, pump connections, including where the basket attaches to the main pump body if it is a separate piece) in the suction side of the system can be suspect

+ Reply to Thread