+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rusty dipper?

Default Rusty dipper?

Is it typical for the little testing dipper that comes with the R-0870 reagent to turn a rusty brown color with use? I'm guessing it's oxidation? Will that effect the test?

Thanks,
    Splash
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Rusty dipper?

I have had my current kit for a couple of years. My dipper is plastic and I'm not seeing what you are seeing. But, I wouldn't think it would affect the validity of the test, though.

Well then Taylor either changed the plastic they're using or I've got some kind of contamination. I'll take a picture when I get home.

Splash
    19.5k gal, 16x32 vinyl liner, sand filter, 1hp single speed pump, K-2006 test kit. PF=6

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

If this is a new kit, you need to return it.

If it's an old kit, you need to replace the dipper (and powder?)

I emailed in photo. It's turned into a oily black. I think it may be the dipper is coming in contact with the little foam pad packed underneath and causing some type of reaction.

+ Reply to Thread