+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auxilary Lighting Problem

Lightbulb Auxilary Lighting Problem

I have 3 pole lights around my pool that have stopped working. I ran a diagnostic on my Aquling RS8 and it showed the solar Aux3 circuit "open" which may be the reason the light don't come on anymore. I dont't know how to trouble shoot this problem - how do I close the open?

Default Re: Auxilary Lighting Problem

Quote Originally Posted by roswell42 View Post
    I have 3 pole lights around my pool that have stopped working. I ran a diagnostic on my Aquling RS8 and it showed the solar Aux3 circuit "open" which may be the reason the light don't come on anymore. I dont't know how to trouble shoot this problem - how do I close the open?
    An "open" circuit is basically a circuit that is broken. Think of a wire that is cut at some point. It's not likely a broken wire at the middle, but it could be a bad connection somewhere. If the lights are "old style" incandescent then a blown bulb can lead to an open circuit. You can test the bulbs by removing them and using an ohm-meter set to "continuity". Most ohm-meters will beep when they sense a connection. Test that by connecting the leads on the meter.

If you don't have a meter, you can either buy one locally or online. They can be had for $5 often. Alternatively, you could just replace the bulbs and see where that gets you. If it's not the bulbs, you have a slightly more difficult troubleshooting job ahead of you. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Here's a cheap ohm-meter on amazon: http://smile.amazon.com/Digital-MULT...2350904&sr=1-3

You can probably find them locally at walmart, home depot, harbor freight, or any store that sells tools. There are much more expensive models to be had, but for this purpose =quality and features aren't really a concern.

Here's a video someone (not me) made showing how to test a light bulb with a meter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOqfjliNtT8
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Default Re: Auxilary Lighting Problem

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll test the lights to see if this is a fix.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread