+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desperate Help needed

Default Desperate Help needed

Hi

we have an underground pool which is only 3 years old. We have an ETI compressor. we just started it up and the compressor resets itself; in other words display says compressor to start in 5 min, then when it starts up it stops after 5 minuntes or so and restarts itself again displaying that compressor will start in 5 minutes. the temp is set at 78 and pool temp is only at 69 but compressor shuts off anyways. I have switched electricity off to see if that would reset but same things happens again. Has anyone ever had this problem? We have salt water system also (Hayward).

We have contacted the pool company service dept but they take forever to get back to us for anything...

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Desperate Help needed

Neither I, nor Google, have ever heard of an "ETI compressor" -- at least not on English language pages.

Sorry.

ETI is just a brand name which I saw in front of the unit. we have a salt water Hayward system. pool people came few weeks ago to open our pool so I don't think something is blocked to cause this problem

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Your English is much, much better than my French, but I still get the feeling that you're more comfortable in French.

I'm guessing that your "compressor" is what I'd call (at least in the US) a "heat pump". Is that correct?

Assuming that I am, I have to say, given that (a) none of us are heat pump techs, and (b) that you are not a master of heat pump technical terms, you probably need to wait till the local service guys can get around to checking your unit.

Your other option is to find out (a) if you ARE talking about a heat pump, (b) who the manufacturer is, (c) what model you have, and (d) whether the manufacturer has a website with an installation and service manual located for download.

But even if so, you'll need to know how to use a digital multimeter before you could begin to check things out, and again, I may be making false assumptions but my impression is that maybe you are not so comfortable measuring volts, ohms and amps with a digital meter.

+ Reply to Thread