Hi,

I have been looking at lots of forums and google searching but i'm struggling to find all the answers I need so thought I would ask here.

My parents want to get a hot tub in their family house, however my father is allergic to chlorine. From the existing advice I have seen online most allergic reactions tend to be because of a bad PH or some other chemical imbalance/problems and when it is chlorine normally the fix is just lower levels of chlorine.

My father is very allergic to chlorine and will get a nose bleed from just breathing the air next to a high chlorine public swimming pool and has been sent to hospital a few times when he was younger. He has been okay in some very very low chlorine pools but mostly he will still get a lot of minor problems. At the house they have a pool they run on a non chlorine product. Managed by a pool maintenance company who say they deal with hot tubs but wouldn't know if they would be 100% chlorine free

We went to see a hot tub shop yesterday and they talked us through all the options and said that both salt and bromine hot tubs have high levels of chlorine. Is this true I can't seem to find much information on this online? The women in the shop seemed very defeatist about the idea of getting one at all and suggested we contact manufactures of chemicals but I wouldn't even know where to begin in doing that.

My main question is can you run a salt hot tub with 0% chlorine? (i understand that there is low levels of chlorine in a lot of water so it just needs to be well below normal swimming pool levels)

Thanks for any responses,
Druppes