+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aquabot problem

Default Aquabot problem

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and hoping someone might help me out. I've got a fairly old Aquabot, one of the originals I think. It just says Aquabot on the side. At the end of the season last year it stopped moving. It would pump but the tracks wouldn't move. I packed it away and after opening the pool a couple of weeks ago decided to try and fix it. I've had it apart before and found it fairly simple so I dove in. Like I said before, the pump worked but the track motor didn't so being the genius that I am I ordered a used motor off ebay for $125 (better than 3-4 hundred for a new one, right?). So I get the new (used) motor, install it and hook up the wires temporarily just to the motor. Turn on the power, 2-3 seconds later she starts turning the tracks. Great, right? So I wire in the pump and turn on the power. The pump starts but no drive motor. Hmmm. OK, so on a hunch I take out the new motor and replace it with my old motor, wire up just the motor, power on and waddaya know, the old motor works by itself. Wire it back up with the pump and you guessed it, nothing but the pump.

This is driving me a little crazy, does anyone have any ideas? Please help!

Ron

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Aquabot problem

I'd say you have problems in the unit's internal wiring or switching (duh!), but since I've never worked on those, I have no idea what bits inside the thing are trouble prone.

. . . membership updated.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Sounds like a bad power supply/control unit, possibly a damaged cable.
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

What he said -- I think Carl has wrestled with one of those beasts in person!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Not an Aquabot, but two Dolphin Dynamics and a Blue Diamond!
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread