+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New user, buying a house with a pool

Default New user, buying a house with a pool

I just registered because I am buying a house with a pool. My wife and I (well, she) decided to try to manage it ourselves. I was skeptical at first, but after stumbling on this forum and reading a little, now I'm positive I don't want to pay someone to poorly maintain it.

I haven't yet taken possession of the house, so I will fill out the chart once I do at the end of the month.

It's a gunite in ground pool that has been freshly resurfaced with a brand new pump installed. Not too sure how it is being maintained presently. I know it's not salt water. Here's a picture I took during the inspection process: http://i.imgur.com/ErUzUvq.jpg

I haven't yet discovered any tips for testing to see what particular kind of pool store branded concoctions are being used on it now. But I do know that I want to "dive in" with BBB as soon as possible. I've ordered a K-2006C on Amazon already.

I know I may be jumping the gun with all of this, but I want to be ready to hit the ground running, or swimming, as the case may be.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-07-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: add pic

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New user, buying a house with a pool

Jumping the gun is a good thing to do in this case so you'll be ready once you move in! Good decision to buy the kit. That will make things a whole lot easier for you.

While you are waiting, do a lot of reading here on the forum, especially the stickied threads at the top of each subsection of the forum. (Until your registration is completed, you'll have to log out first to be able to see the rest of the forum.) Also, read on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good info there as well.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread