+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" build

Default Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" build

Picked up an Intex 16' x 48" Ultra Frame a couple of weeks ago but due to weather and a busy schedule I haven't had the time to start putting it together. I was able to do some research and planning though while waiting for a break in my schedule. Well... last Thursday I was able to begin my ground prep and the project is finally under way. I'm giving myself 2 weeks now as a realistic goal to have it up and filled. I worked on it Thursday evening and Friday afternoon ripping out the sod. I would have had more done but I ended up wasting a lot of time transferring some of the sod to other parts of my lawn that needed it. Couldn't do too much on the weekend but I will start leveling this week. Wish me luck Lol.

Progress so far:

(pic)
    Intex Ultra-Frame 16' x 4'..... Intex 635T 1500gph cartridge filter with Unicel C-4607 cartridge (will upgrade to sand filter next year)
    Taylor K2006 test kit supplemented with HTH 3-way test kit

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Pappy is offline PF Supporter Widget Weaver Pappy 0

Default Re: Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 48" build

If you haven't already done so, read this.
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...p-routine-care.

Go ahead and order some good filters NOW! The Intex cartridges are junk.
    Intex 15ftx4ft 4500 gal. 3/4 HP Pentair WhisperFlo pump. Hayward 21" sand filter. Taylor K-2006 & K-1106 kits. PF=27

Thanks for the replies guys.

Pappy - already read that a billion times and it's what drew me to the site in the first place LOL.

With all the research I've been doing, I've also been accumulating all the necessary items I'll need. I do know the Intex cartridges are not too great so I picked up 2 Unicel C-4607 cartridges to rotate. Might pick up a third.... we'll see how it goes with 2. I was lucky enough to find a local pool store that stocks them . I don't want to invest too much money on this filter as I want to upgrade to a sand filter. I really wanted to do it now and had a couple potential deals I was eyeing but decided to hold off for now. I will tough it out with the Unicel's this year to save a little money as my start up costs are turning out to be a little more than anticipated. Instead of the sand filter, the money is going to 1" or 2" XPS Foam insulation as my base once my ground is leveled.
    Intex Ultra-Frame 16' x 4'..... Intex 635T 1500gph cartridge filter with Unicel C-4607 cartridge (will upgrade to sand filter next year)

Here's the pic that goes with my original post:

[IMG][/IMG]

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I can just see it now....... blue skies, clear sparkling water and you relaxing and floating around the pool on a raft!

Well, I finally got started with the leveling this week. I have to dig down about 3" on the high side so it's that bad. But I'm also dealing with quite a bit of clay so it's a slow process. 2 days digging and I've only got about a 1/3 done. Kids are starting to lose hope on my 2 week deadline to have the pool filled. So am I.... I may have to extend it another week.

Here's what it looked at after my Wednesday evening shift at "the hole":

Last night I started getting into the beginning of the high side with the clay so the board didn't move a whole lot but it was definitely a lot more work than the previous night. Got the email confirmation that my solar cover is en route so I almost have everything. The sad part is the most important piece (the real test kit) is going to be one of the last things I probably get.

No doubt about it, leveling is by far the hardest part of the whole installation. Keep at it. It is SO worth it!

Not much of an update as I'm still leveling. Only got to work on it on Saturday for a few hours as it was raining here yesterday. I managed to get through the highest part so it shouldn't be much longer (I hope ). I have about a quarter of the circle left to go.

Instead of another dig pic I thought I'd post some of the items I've accumulated for the pool so far:

Don't mind the guess strips, I only picked them up to compliment the 3 way HTH test kit to tide me over until I get my Taylor kit. I think I'm going to return the strips since with my little timeline delay there should only be a week gap between the time the pool is filled and I have my Taylor kit. I've ordered the kit and will be crossing the border on July 4th for some shopping and parcel pickups.

The few bottles of fancy packaged bleach I picked up were on sale at one of box stores and have 10.8% Sodium Hypochlorite so I may have to adjust my dosing a little.

Of course that would be after I get to the proper CYA level after starting up with some Dichlor. Working late tonight so no progress will be made at the dig site. What a slow process.... can't wait to have to this thing up and running.

JB

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Nice pics; nice thread: it will help other!

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread