+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Open Green and Cloudy & No CYA

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Open Green and Cloudy & No CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Winicott View Post
    We had this same discussion last year. Here is the post link.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...075#post110075
    Sorry I didn't remember. We answer thousands of posts on this forum each year and there is no way to keep details straight! You might want to put in your signature --- AG 27' with 5-1/2' deep end. You can edit your signature by clicking on the tab in my signature.

I never thought you would remember. I just posted to save us the time of going over it again .

FC is 1. CC does not register. I would think that the CC would be high since that means it is bonding with all the stuff I want to kill? Adding bleach now and will check back in an hour.
    18k gal AG 27' with 5-1/2' deep end, Hayward XStream 1500 Cartridge filter; Hayward 1.5 hp Power Flo matrix pump; K-2006C kit; 2 bottom drains. PF=6.7

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

If CC doesn't register, that means it is 0 which is what you want it to be!

1.5 hour after adding 6l of bleach I am at:

FC 1.8
    CC 0

I figured 6 liters would get me to 10 ppm. Do I hit it again for 6 more liters before I go to bed?
    18k gal AG 27' with 5-1/2' deep end, Hayward XStream 1500 Cartridge filter; Hayward 1.5 hp Power Flo matrix pump; K-2006C kit; 2 bottom drains. PF=6.7

Yes.

I think I need to do a bucket test to figure what this pool needs. Right now I feel like I am feeding a bottomless pit.

6:45 am the FC was 1.8 CC was 0. Added 1.5 gal bleach and checked again at 830. FC was .8 and CC was over 2. Could this rapid burn off be from the sun? I added a dose to get me to 10 ppm and in under 2 hours it was lower than when I started?

Will adding CYA at this point help with any chlorine demand? I wonder if getting the FC levels to hold longer will help.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

You certainly can do that => http://pool9.net/bucket-demand/

But a lot of times, it's not really useful, unless you are willing to drain and refill your pool. That's the only other option.

Harumph. I think since it is holding some FC overnight I will just keep dumping in chemicals.

So...
    Based on what I added in Dichlor I am at 28 cya.

I have readings this morning of FC=10 ppm. Hooray.

Cloudy blue, but I just figure that I need to brush and filter to fix that.

What concerns me is my Ph is now less than what the scale reads on my test. I added 2 cups of Borax to bring it up, but I wanted some guidance before I did much else. The test read a yellow color.

Hardness 290 I filled with well water and the well has very hard water.
    Alk 120

Thanks for any assistance.

Get the pH up ASAP. Readings below 7.0 are acidic and can damage your pool. Add a half a box of Borax, wait a couple of hours, retest and keep re-dosing until your pH is above 7.

+ Reply to Thread