+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help with starting new pool

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Help with starting new pool

No guarantees, but it's probably OK.

Is there a reason why you're not telling us exactly what it is?

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Do you have any other information, manufacturer? anything to indicate what the other ingredients are?

Sorry, Simul-post

rdefino is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst rdefino 0

I just came back from my local pool store and they have this same exact stuff there. They said the bottles have no copper in it. The large gray tablets contain silver.

The box this stuff came in says "Enjoy". Looks like some kit put together to make it easy for a pool owner or something. MFG by N Jonas & co.

They tested my water and said I need 20lbs of Alkalinity increase, 25lbs of hardness control and chlorine. $ tablets a weeks of the stuff they sell. I didn't grab anything yet, just wanted to see if they sold this box of stuff to get more info on it.

Any thought on there test?
    Oval 18x34 14400 Above Ground Dough Boy, DE Pentair

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by rdefino View Post
    They tested my water and said I need 20lbs of Alkalinity increase, 25lbs of hardness control and chlorine.

Any thought on there test?
    Any thoughts? Why yes, I do!

1. You have escaped being 'pool-stored'!

2. AG pools NEVER need added hardness. Not ever.

3. Dealer testing programs originally ran on "mini-computers" in the late 60's and were developed by the MARKETING department of a large chem company. From the beginning, it was designed to sell chemicals, and NOT to solve pool problems!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Can't comment on their test. You listed no results and secondly, pool stores often give bogus results. You've got a K2006 kit; do your own tests that you know you can trust.

Your alk is low so you could raise it but instead of buying their pricey stuff, you can just use plain 'ole baking soda for that.

A vinyl pool NEVER needs calcium but that is one of the things pool stores always seem to want to sell you.

I have no idea about those gray tablets but I wouldn't use them in my pool!

I also wouldn't trust what the pool store told me was in something. Just because they "told" me that the bottles have no copper in them wouldn't work for me. I would want to read the bottle myself.

Bottom line --- pool stores want to make money. They will try and sell you any and everything. Can you say ka-ching$$$!

rdefino is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst rdefino 0

How come Vinyl pools do need calcium. Does it have to do with the gunite finish?
    Oval 18x34 14400 Above Ground Dough Boy, DE Pentair

Water is 'hungry' for calcium, to a point, and will 'rob' it from the plaster and walls of a concrete pool. But in vinyl and FG pools . . . there's nothing to rob.

+ Reply to Thread