+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Liner Install--Twisting Liner

Default New Liner Install--Twisting Liner

This is not the first liner I've installed, but it sure seems like it!!

A wrinkle, about six foot long. Started out in the center, I ran it all 12' to the side that it seemed it needed to go. When I got within 3' of the wall, the wall liner started twisting. I tried adjusting bead in track, but not much play. Sooooo, I ran the wrinkle all 24' back to the other side of the pool. Same problem occurred. Tried adjusting bead in track again, and also..very little play so can't adjust top to fit twist. Any idea what on earth is wrong??

[IMG][http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/tl...434.jpeg.html][/URL][/IMG]
    24' x 52" Vinyl, AG, Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, SWCG + occasional BB&B. Hot & humid Alabama.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New Liner Install--Twisting Liner

I'm gonna ask Waste aka Ted who is a member here and is also a pool installer to have a look. But, he's not around much recently so I hope he'll see my email. Fingers crossed!

Angry Re: New Liner Install--Twisting Liner

Thank you very much for your reply, Watermom. BUT....good news is that the "twist" worked it's way out as the water level increased. Bad news is...and Ted probably knows this from the pics...pool liner is not straight. It is about 4" far to the side where the twisting (or what appeared to be twisting) is located. I'm not sure where we went wrong as it lines up perfectly on opposite side, but is definitely going to be 4" off on the "bad side." I don't know if the liner was too big or if it was poor installation. Regardless, WE have installed our last liner...from now on, I'll let the Ted's of the world install!

Any suggestions from anyone on what to do (if there is anything that CAN be done) with the extra liner that is going to be flapping above water, on one side, once it's full? Beaded liner, btw. First time ever, I'm wishing it was overlap b/c that would be an easy fix.

Thanks!
    24' x 52" Vinyl, AG, Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, SWCG + occasional BB&B. Hot & humid Alabama.

+ Reply to Thread