Little bit of algae when I opened. 0 CYA. Shocked, vacuumed, brushed. Ran filter 24 hours for several days while vacuuming and brushing. Put in 9 lbs of stabilizer over 2 days got up to 40-50, directions said right in skimmer(small granular pieces) Dumped in 15 gallons of 12% chlorine over the course of a few days. Checked the Chlorine a few days later at dusk, held overnight, with no loss at all.

Pool was blue but very cloudy. Vacuumed again and noticed when I went over the dead algae in heavier spots, as soon as I did I saw it come right out of the return. Thought sand must be going bad, 5 years old. Changed the Sand in the filter, that was fun, NOT. Maybe the particles were to small and the sand was good but hey now I have new sand.

Still cloudy but getting better after more than a week. Could the stabilizer I dumped in all at once over 2 days be the cause? I do see on the shallow end floor white powder in spots and they come back everyday after I vacuum.

Put a stocking on one of the skimmers to help and it does seem to be getting better but taking FOREVER! Still can't really see the deep end floor. Any thoughts? Taylor kit by the way, everything seems fine chemical wise, CYA needs to be higher but didn't want to dump it in and cloud it up again if that was the problem. Salt system if you are wondering, and no it was off during the whole shock time.