+ Reply to Thread

Thread: intex 16x48

Default intex 16x48

I am a first time pool owner.

Got the pool set up over the weekend and got all the levels Correct . I added algae control last night. I haven't cut the pump off since I set it up in fear that it would turn green. It has been raining here most of the week so I put the cover on. I have been carefully siphoning rain water off the top. So today I looked at the jet to feel it before cleaning the filter and I have bubbles coming out of the jet. The intex site said check fittings for good o rings and relube. I did. And the same thing....... bubbles.......As I further read to check the impeller in the pump to make sure it was free of obstructions. Took the pump off broke it down and nothing catching the impeller. Put it back together and it wouldn't do anything... Tore it down again and untorked the screws a bit and reassembled the motor. More bubbles than when I*started. Apparently I made them too loose because the third time I torked them just a bit and at least made it bubble the same as before I did anything.

Do I have a leak in the pump or would the algae control make the bubbles? I plan on calling intex tomorrow about the pump. It doesn't feel like its blowing as hard as it did at first and I have been cleaning the filter twice a day.

Any help would be appreciated. Tks

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: intex 16x48

Some algaecides, which I assume is what you mean by algae control, can cause bubbling or foaming. Having said that, it does not mean you do not have a leak somewhere but I'll have to let someone else help you with that.

When you say "got all levels correct," what do you mean? Do you have a drops-based test kit? If so, what kind? Can you give us some current water testing results and also tell us exactly what all you have added to the pool, meaning ingredients and not just product names. I'd hate for this freshly filled pool to turn green!

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: intex 16x48

. . . membership updated.

+ Reply to Thread