+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stained on stairs...frustrating

Angry Stained on stairs...frustrating

Me again...we have a 20x40 kidney shape vinyl liner pool. Opening the pool this year I had to add quite a bit of stuff to get it balanced. I use a local pool store for testing. They are very good. At some point after adding calcium I believe the stairs turned orange. We added a stain remover according to their instruction and it took it out immediately. Got the water back in balance and the stains reappear slowly. Vitamin c takes it away immediately but they come back. For 12 years we had a nature 2 cartridge but based on what I was reading I removed it last season. I have seen info about the cuLator product to add to the skimmer to capture metal. Is this a good product? Trying to understand...the metal will be released from the pool surface with other metal products or vitamin c in a sock but it is still floating in the water and will cling again. The water is balanced but I am planning on taking another sample to them to test for metals. Any suggestions and help appreciated
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Stained on stairs...frustrating

I'm moving this to the correct section of the forum where it will get more views.

Whenever you make a new thread, try and put it in the correct forum sub-section. The top section, "News and Notes from PoolDoc" is for us to use to put out announcements, etc., rather than for members to post questions in.

Thanks. Hope you have a good swim season!

(I am going to move both of your threads for you.)

Default Re: Stained on stairs...frustrating

Thank you...sorry
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

+ Reply to Thread