+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ok, I screwed up.

Unhappy Ok, I screwed up.

So last night in my just under 12000 intex pool I added a gallon of bleach and a box of borax. Thought everything was still low and doing this to raise still initial chlorine. Well this morning the 6-way readings were TA=about200, FC=5/10, pH=7.8, TA= 180, CYA=between first 2 colors so less then 30. after reading your answer last night remembered I have a pH test kit for my salter water aquarium. when tested it is showing my pH= above 8.8. I checked kit against my faucet water and it is working so now the pH is way too high which makes me not trust and readings on the stick. I don't have anything to bring it down right now. Will it damage the liner. Will it come down on it's own. The sun should it the pool good about 9am but afraid to trust chlorine readings now either. I can't order a test kit until Friday. Anything else I can do? I guess I could put the hose in maybe?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Ok, I screwed up.

For now, go to Walmart and see if they have the 6-way drops-based kit and buy that. If they don't, pick up an OTO/Phenol Red kit (yellow and red drops). Test and post your results.

Sadly can't get that until tomorrow. Would it be safer for me to run the hose in the pool? I can probably add a little more then an inch of water and faucet Ph was about 7.4? Looks like an overcast day so far. :O(

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Adding water wouldn't hurt anything, that's for sure, but not sure how much it will actually bring your pH down. When you get the kit tomorrow, test and post your numbers. If pH is that high, you'll need to lower it by using some muriatic acid. Please read the tab in my signature about using muriatic acid safely before you use it.

Thanks watermom. Well, it's raining now so will see how long this last. Will test tonight with what I have and then tomorrow will get the walmart test and the muriatic acid. Thank you for responds so quickly. For now on will post before doing anything.LOL

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

. . . belatedly moving post to correct section . . .

+ Reply to Thread