+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement Pump Decision

Default Replacement Pump Decision

Greetings,

I have a 23,000 gal pool with In-floor Cleaning system, Spa and Solar, and my current 2 HP 2 Speed Hayward Northstar pump died. It's been rebuilt once already. So I'm looking for a replacement and would like some feedback. I use a Jandy OneTouch control system that is about 9 years old.

Option 1 is a Jandy Pro Series VS - 3 year warranty and includes the new board for the control system to take full advantage of the variable speeds. Quoted $1725 installed.

Option 2 is a Hayward Ecostar 2.5 HP VS - 3 year warranty. Current control system would need to be somewhat hacked if possible to control the speeds. Quoted $1380 installed.

The Hayward provider is telling me that the Jandy is junk and the Jandy folks are telling me that the Ecostar is . . . so I'd like to real advice . . . .

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Default Re: Replacement Pump Decision

I would probably go with a Intelliflo because I think that Jandy controllers support the Intelliflo but I am not sure about the EcoStar.

However, given your location, you may want to look into some lightning protection for the pump. There have been several reports of failures due to nearby lightning strikes.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread