+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autoclear Plus SWCG question

Default Autoclear Plus SWCG question

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of a noob with pools, I bought this house with a 3yr old pool it came with an Autoclear Plus Saltwater Cl2 generator. It also has an Intellitouch control panel. I'm able to maintain pool chemistry year round but I do have to use about a gallon per week of 32% HCL in the summer, and a pound of shock per week.

My problem is, I'm concered the Autoclear Plus in not automatically turning on to generate chlorine. When I set the Intelltouch to control the Autoclear, it allows me to see the salt PPM and adjust the % output, etc.... in that mode, the Autoclear has a little flashing triangle in the upper left of its local display. When the pump is running, the following lights are on: "Power", "Flow", "AutoCycle".....What concerns me is that I never see the "sanitizing" light come on. When I press Test, I can see the Salt PPM, current and voltage, no errors. If I press the "restart cycle" button, the unit appears to go into a reset, testing all the lights, and then it comes back with a run time, and "sanitizing" becomes illuminated. I guess I would expect the "sanitizing" light to come on when the unit is actively sanitizing, even while in remote.... does the fact that "sanitizing" is not on in remote, an indicator that something isn't working right in remote?

I tried turning off the remote control function of the Intellitouch, the unit then shows it is "sanitizing" and has a run time of several hours that is counting down.

From testing Ph and Free Cl2 it seems like the unit is really only sanitizing after I do that reset, which would be a pain to do everyday, especially since I have the unit mostly running while we are at school/work.

I did replace the control board already, and the salt cell before I realized the "sanitizing" light wasn't remotely operating... but the new parts have not really changed anything.

Sorry for my first post to be so long winded!

Thanks!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread