+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool cleaning eqpt

Default Pool cleaning eqpt

First-time user. Building a lap pool next month in the Southern Cali desert: 48 ft feet long, 5 ft deep 7.5 ft wide. Skimmer on both ends. Two vac inlets for cleaning to be installed (not located yet). How does one clean the pool being so long? Had a G3 Barracuda in last pool (30x15) and worked very well, but I suspect this will be a different issue, that is why I am placing two inlets. Will I need 2 cleaning systems - suction systems or electrical, need advice.

Also, read the thread on UV, and have decided to not install system. Thanks. Chico 1412

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pool cleaning eqpt

Talk to Polaris customer support; their pressure side cleaners *might* be able to do it, and it would certainly be simpler with one cleaner, than with two.

If you find out that two are needed, you may want to set up a timer that can switch the booster pump ON/OFF (timer core #1) and operate a powered Jandy valve (timer core #2) to SWITCH between cleaners. I can just imagine the tangles, if you let them both run at the same time!

. . . membership updated.

Thanks for the advice PoolDoc. I was hoping that since there are several lap pools out there that someone would have a definitive answer. I have two Hayward Variable pumps and would make the hoses only reach midway in the pool to avoid potential tangling but I thought that in this day and age there would be a more practical solution.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

What you are describing is a very, very small market. The only sort of enterprise that might target that would be garage-shop level.

+ Reply to Thread