+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Pool Pilot Low Amps Reading Solved (Hint - No New Cell Needed)

Default Digital Pool Pilot Low Amps Reading Solved (Hint - No New Cell Needed)

I've had Digital Pool Pilot SC-48 cell system on my pool since about 2006 when the pool was built. In 2008, I got a low amp reading and figured it was the salt cell so I got a replacement (partial warranty coverage) and a new cord. All was well until last week when I started the pool for the 2014 season. I had a reading of 28 volts and 0.8 amps on the cell.

Low amp warning again and I figured I went through another cell so I pulled my paperwork and got a new cell. This time, the new cell didn't correct the problem. I thought to myself that I just wasted money on a new cell, but figured I'd keep it for when it would be needed in the future. I had the old cord still and tested with that and still no change.

Now I had to find source of problem. I visually looked at the circuit board and all 3 fuses were "good" and I confirmed with continuity test they were good. At that point, was thinking new circuit board might be needed, but then I noticed a little film on the fuse ends that seemed odd. I decided to clean up the ends of all of the fuses and put some dielectric grease on them. I sanded the fuse ends clean of the film to get clean metal for a good connection and put the fuses in.

Guess what? I had 28volts and 5.8 amps on both the old and new cell. I'm sharing this as a possible root cause of low amps reading. Check and clean fuse ends and contacts BEFORE ordering a new cell as you may just need to clean the point of contacts to solve the problem of low Amps on Digital Pool Pilot.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread