+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone familar with Pentair IntelliChlor?

Default Anyone familar with Pentair IntelliChlor?

I have the IntelliChlor IC40 on a 20,000gal gunite pool. Lately the "add salt" has been staying on. Per the manual, the add salt light comes on when the salt level is between 2500 and 2900ppm. When the add salt light is on the chlorine outoput is reduced.

I had the salt level checked and it is at 3300ppm.

I checked the unit for scaling. Its clean. Its only been in service for 2 months but I bought it about 6 months ago when the pool dig began. I used the pass-through cell during the pool startup.

A couple of days ago I noticed the "green salt" light was on. I thought the problem cleared by itself. I went inside and checked the equipment readout through the IntelliTouch controller. It said I had 3400ppm salt. Now a day or so later, the "add salt light is back on.

I'm still waiting for Pentair to return my call and/or e-mail.

Question: Is there any type of calibration that can be done? Perhaps through a hidden service menu.

Thanks

Default Re: Anyone familar with Pentair IntelliChlor?

I too have an intellichlor system. The same is happening with mine also. It was installed in March and after the salt was put in, about 3 weeks later the add salt light was on. I added 40lbs and everything was fine for about 2 weeks then it came on again, added 40 more lbs, 2 weeks later same thing. I called the pool company that built the pool and brought a sample in and it showed 35000 of salt. They said it probably needs to be recalibrated. But so far they haven't come out to take care of it.

Today Pentair e-mailed me the Technical Service Bulliten for calibrating the IntelliChlor. If you provide your e-mail I can forward the pdf document.
    Mike

Ballz2TheWallz Guest

Mine was installed a few days ago(we dumped 650pounds of salt in the pool) 2days later it says add salt, so i add 50pounds, 12hours later it says add salt, add another 50pounds, a day later it finally changes back to good salt level.

I have no clue

This problem was solved when another forum member (PentairTech sp?) sent me a copy of the calibration instructions for the cell. If you need a copy e-mail me. Make sure you determine the correct amount of salt in pool before you try and calibrate. Take a water sample to a pool store (i suggest two stores) for a salt reading.
    Good Luck,
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread