Specifically, the solar "bubble covers" that some people use this time of year.

Do you remove the cover to service that pool, dumping a week's worth of crap into it at once. Or do you just dump the applicable baskets/bags, drop some chems and roll?

When I started in pool service years ago, the company I worked for adamantly refused to remove any covers (other than automatics). Now, I'm route manager of a company that has no official policy and it's become an issue.

Homeowner Joe really pissed me off today because he was accusing my guy of not even having shown up, and thus "falsifying the paperwork", when in fact my guy did exactly as I described above - he just didn't uncover and clean the pool. The dude just kept pressing the point, as though he wanted to charge somebody with perjury or something, so I told him, "To be honest with you, this company doesn't have an established policy regarding covered pools, it's just one of our little growing pains that needs to be addressed. But, to the extent that it's up to me, our new policy will be to not touch a pool cover."

PS, Homeowner Joe is also "having a pool party this weekend."