+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beginning of Converting

Wink Beginning of Converting

As stated earlier, we have used Baquacil and currently converting to BBB. Added the chlorine last yesterday evening. Pool is very green and my hubb put it on circulate water instead of filtering at first. I have not seen anything about circulating. Is this a good thing or bad thing? I'd like to get in my pool before Aug.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Beginning of Converting

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    What kind of filter do you have?
    I have a sand filter or do you need the name?

I've ordered a Taylor because none of the pool places in my area have it and none of the Walmarts. Walmart will not ship it to me. It is a instore only item. I have a cheap one that shows my CL at 0.6 and PH 7.6. , but very hard to tell. My water is getting clearer, but still very green while I'm sweeping and getting debris out. No trees around pool so, there's really nothing but algae. My pool has 13,500 gallons. We've put nothing but 2 gallons of chlorine so far.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Add 2 gallons of chlorine EACH evening, till there's no more green. Test with an OTO / phenol red kit, till you have the K2006. Skip the chlorine dose if the 'yellow' is beginning to look 'orange'.

Circulating is good, if you can do it without filtering. Whether filtering is good, depends on your pump and filter. If your filter is too small for the pump, the dead algae particles apparently get broken up and forced through the filter. It's better to avoid this.

I received my Taylor today. Is cussing allowed? LOL! I am not a chemist. I am a literature major! LOL I did the chlorine test and it just stayed clear. Previewing the book again. Ugh!
    Above ground 13,500 gallons sand filter
    Bamagirl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Ignore the book. These demos might be helpful.

Taylor Technologies Online Testing Demos

Ohhh! TY!!
    Bamagirl

You're welcome. Let us know if you have any other questions that we can help you with.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
    I did the chlorine test and it just stayed clear.
    It means you have 0.0 chlorine. That's a VALID test result, but a bad condition for your pool to be in. Go pour a gallon of bleach in!

The Taylor videos, demonstrating each test in the kit, can be reached using this link; http://pool9.net/tk-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    It means you have 0.0 chlorine. That's a VALID test result, but a bad condition for your pool to be in. Go pour a gallon of bleach in!

The Taylor videos, demonstrating each test in the kit, can be reached using this link; http://pool9.net/tk-guide/
    Bamagirl

+ Reply to Thread