+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Converting from Baquacil to the BBB method

Default Converting from Baquacil to the BBB method

I'm about to start this cleaning process. Just filled the pool because it has set up below levels all winter. It was crystal clear during the snow & now, green and slimy. I have used Baquacil in the past.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Bbb

If you've used Baquacil, your choices are to continue to use Baq or convert to chlorine...and it's going to take a lot of chlorine. If you've got a sand filter, by the time you're done, you'll need to replace the sand as it will be gooped up.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

We are not a fan of Baquacil around here as history shows that most people end up having problems after they have been using it for awhile. Take a look at some of the threads in our Baquacil section of the forum. (Until you registration is completed, you will have to log out first to be able to see the rest of the forum, however.)

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    If you've used Baquacil, your choices are to continue to use Baq or convert to chlorine...and it's going to take a lot of chlorine. If you've got a sand filter, by the time you're done, you'll need to replace the sand as it will be gooped up.
    I've completely emptied sand and replaced with new sand. The pool is full of water. I was told to use 6%bleach and lots of it. Is that not a good idea?

I don't want to use Baquacil any longer. I just don't know how to start. The pool is full you can sweep the debri with the sweeper and it's easily movable. Just a lot of particles floating around. Thank you for replying! Glad to be here.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Remove as much debris as you can. Then, if you want to switch, go for it. I don't think you'll regret it. Buy a bunch of bleach. You'll use a lot in the conversion. Be prepared for your water to turn all kinds of crazy shades of green but never fear, it will clear up and you'll be glad you did it. If you go to the section of the forum called PHMB: Baquacil, SoftSwim, Clear Comfort, etc.. The first thread in that section gives the instructions for doing a conversion. (Until your registration is complete, you will have to log out first to be able to see that section of the forum.) When you are finished with the conversion, you'll have to change the sand again. (Darn, wish you had recently done that!) Keep us posted how it is going!

Oh, and by the way, order a Taylor K2006 or 2006C (better buy) through the test kit link in my signature below if you don't have one.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread