+ Reply to Thread

Thread: solar cover reel system

Default solar cover reel system

I am interested in cutting my solar cover into pieces and attaching it to pvc pipe as one of the members showed what she had done last year. I am interested in tools and supplies needed plus directions.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: solar cover reel system

Hi and welcome to the Pool Forum!

I'm on my way out the door to church so don't have but a minute, but there are a couple of threads you might be interested in. The first one has some pics in it about how I used to cut my cover, etc. The second one is from when I redid my pool a couple of years ago. I now use something called a solar roller cover stick. I'm going to put hot links below. If Ben gets your registration done, you'll be able to click on them and go to the threads. Until that time, you can use the Google search in either my or PoolDoc's signatures and search for these links. (Until your registration is complete, you will need to log out first to be able to see the rest of the forum.) Any questions, let me know. I'll be back around this afternoon after church.

Watermom's Solar Cover Solution for her24' AG Pool

Watermom's New Pool Adventure

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I actually just bumped these two threads up for you so you could find them more easily. Log out and go and look in the Above Ground pool section. Should be near the top.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Thanks. That is easier. But, I actually didn't type --- I cut and paste the links from my 'reference' thread in MM.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Whatever works best for you . . .

mommak is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mommak 0

So our pool is up and we are now in the process of filling. Could you please tell me the specs for your cover reels that you have? What size pvc and so on. How you made the clips,etc.... Next weekend will be spent making the reels, and mounting our solar panel. Any and all information would be great.

Did you look at the solar roller coverstick that I am currently using? www.solarroller.com

For my previous system of rolling the cover pieces (I cut the cover into fourths), we used 1-1/2 inch pvc but it doesn't really matter. We made the clips from slices off the end of the same size pvc. There are some pictures in one of the links above. Did you see them? (Post #4 above.)

mommak is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mommak 0

Can just one person do this? As, most likely it will be myself removing it most of the time.

Can one person do what ----- use the solar roller cover stick or use roll the cover onto pieces of pvc? Either way, the answer is yes, you should be able to. I can do the cover stick by myself (what I currently use) and I did the pvc rolls by myself before when I used to use that method.

(Did you find the pics in the thread linked in one of the posts above of the pvc rolls and clips?)

+ Reply to Thread