+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie getting a pool with a question

Default Newbie getting a pool with a question

I'm having a IG pool installed in July and was wondering if there is anything that I would need or make my life easier to owning a pool. It's a basic rectangle pool with 3 ft concrete and 8ft on diving board side. Having a gas heater installed is it worth it? Thanks!!

18 x 36
    vinyl liner
    Interfab diving board
    Rheem digital heater 266,000 natural gas
    1.5hp pump/sand filter
    skimmer
    2 returns
    2 main drains

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Newbie getting a pool with a question

Read! Read! Read! Read our Poolsolutions.com sister site. Read stickied threads here. Read other threads here.

BTW: A vinyl pool does NOT need calcium, no matter WHAT your pool installer says. You can use Cal-Hypo to chlorinate, which adds calcium, but do NOT add calcium no matter what anyone says.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

re-score my registration.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Read! Read! Read! Read our Poolsolutions.com sister site. Read stickied threads here. Read other threads here.

BTW: A vinyl pool does NOT need calcium, no matter WHAT your pool installer says. You can use Cal-Hypo to chlorinate, which adds calcium, but do NOT add calcium no matter what anyone says.
    CarlD why did you say a vinyl pool does not need calcium? Is there something I posted that delivers calcium?

BTW I have no clue about pools. I've talked to several installers but they try to sell you more than you need and people I know that own pools really don't know much either. That's why I'm here trying to get information before the pool is installed because I can change hardware now.

thx

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Pool stores are always trying to tell people that they need calcium in vinyl pools. We hear it ALL the time! I'm sure Carl was just cautioning you against that so you'll be aware of it.

By the way, I'm moving your post into our "subscriber" section so your thread will get priority attention and, thank you for subscribing!

ok so I'm ditching the gas heater (I found a chart of approx. cost and it was astounding). Are there any other must haves when installing an ig pool?

SWCG

Won't save you money, but makes maintenance easier for us "lazy" pool owners.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread