+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A&A Manufacturing QuickChlor

Default A&A Manufacturing QuickChlor

Does anyone have any info on the QuickChlor SWC system? Shasta Pools here in the Phoenix area installs these and am trying to find some information on the unit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

cwstnsko is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst cwstnsko 0

Default Re: A&A Manufacturing QuickChlor

Speaking from Experience with a neighbor's Shasta pool, A&A stuff is generally decent quality, but it is also very proprietary. You'll be stuck going to Shasta for support and they have you by the short hairs, they can charge whatever they want. Their Lifetime Warranty sometimes is a bit misleading. Read the fine print. I do not have specific experience with the Quickchlor, just experience with other Shasta (A&A) products

I am curious to their lifetime warranty being misleading. Do you have any details or examples?

cwstnsko is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst cwstnsko 0

Here's that page that describes the Limited Lifetime warranty on the in-floor system my friend has;

http://www.aamfg.com/poolowners/quikclean_warranty.aspx

In contrast, the lifetime warranty on my Paramount in-floor system says if a head stops working, they give me a new one for free. I like free replacement parts better than the no-pressure spikes, and "you won't ever have to clean your pool cleaner" warranty.

My friend is facing a $1500 bill to replace the worn out heads and gears in his "lifetime warranty" in-floor system
    Last edited by cwstnsko; 06-06-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanduse1
    Does anyone have any info on the QuickChlor SWC system? Shasta Pools here in the Phoenix area installs these and am trying to find some information on the unit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I've had the QuikChlor for about 5 months now. What kind of information are you looking for?

I have owned the QuikChlor RP18HD for two years now, and am satisfied overall. I did have some problems with the cell becoming dirty early on, and the message 'low salt or clean cell' would continually flash. After talking to Shasta (the pool mfgr who installed the system) and being told what their fees were, I decided to tackle it myself.

I found A&A's website, and there was no useful information there, so I called them up, received a live person (on the first call!), and he e-mailed me a service manual for the unit. There is a page which gives information on cleaning the cell, which I followed & the problem was resolved.

For those of you with a QuickChlor what output percentage do you leave it set at? I have mine at less than 10% and it keeps my 15,000 gallon pool around 2.5ppm. This is my first summer so I am assuming I will have to increase the percentage but I thought that number seemed low. Any thoughts?

I believe i have the RP30HD but am not near the pool to double check...
    Last edited by vanduse1; 06-13-2006 at 02:06 PM.

Quickchlor, Clevachlor, Poolpower are all the same product. They are produced in Australia. Quickchlor is Shasta (A & A) private label for this. I was the original importer of Poolpowers and Poolpower went around me and started selling products under the different names.

You are not allowed to peddle products here at PoolForum.com. You are new here so please read the usage guides. The rules for commercial people in the pool business are far more stringent than the rules for home-pool owners. You are not allowed to vend, and you MUST disclose in your signature that you are a commercial pool product or services dealer. CARL.

We have parts available at <deleted web ref>. If you need any info on the company or products let me know.

Ted Arunski
    Last edited by CarlD; 10-20-2006 at 03:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread