+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pool Cleaner Reviews

Default Re: Pool Cleaner Reviews

I have a Polaris 360, that I have had for 7 or 8 years.
    I've probably replaced every part in it. I'm used to it and I like it. It does a great job of sweeping.

Be sure you follow the directions about sizing the length of the hose. Mine was too long the first few years I had it and would constantly tangle up and even tie it's self into knots.
    When I wised up and got the length right, I haven't had that problem anymore.
    The hose is a weak point. You'll have to replace a lot of it because it gets breaks in it. It isn't cheap either.
    IG pool

Thanks for the detailed answer but I have a vacuum port
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I have a Blue Diamond wireless remote robotic. Works amazingly well, and fast. 3 motor, split rollers. Very powerful. The remote is stone-age compared to the Dolphin Dynamic but the robot works much more effectively and reliably.
    Carl

Thank you Carl I am rounding up reviews as I can't believe the bad luck I've had with this barracuda seems like its kreepy krauly time or poolvanugen. Probably already spent 700 bucks on this thing. Really appreciate your input. Dave G
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

My only issue with the BD is I have to remove the ladder to use it--it gets stuck under the ladder as it's smaller in size than the Dolphin Dynamic was. The warranty performance by BD is terrific. When I had a problem, it was fixed and back to me in less than a week--and that was about 6 or 7 years ago.
    Carl

Well, update on Kreepy Krauly - Legend. Still going strong but the bag is showing wear. The velcro on the end is getting frayed and needs replacing. Looks like I could sew new velcro in the top as the bag is perfectly good or replace the bag for about 25 bucks. The wheels are still good but I did exchange the fronts ones for the rear as they had more tread left. All in all the unit seems to continue to function well. The bag seems to be the item needing replacement but I have heard that they usually last only about a year. Still, I think that sewing new velcro on the end is doable to extend it's life. All in all I think the unit is well made and performs it's job very well. Bottom of pool is always clean - leaves and sand (from crumbling flag stone pool edge) are all picked up. I still recommend this pool vacuum.
    New freeform, 15,500 gallon pool and spa. Built Spring of 2014. Gunite with Mediterranean Blue Plaster.

+ Reply to Thread