+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue Pearl dead, need advice on new cleaner or a fix.

Default Blue Pearl dead, need advice on new cleaner or a fix.

My Blue Pearl cleaners seems to have died so I either need a fix or a recommendation for what to replace her with for my 20 by 40 IG vinyl pool. When I push the green button on the power unit it lights up green while I hold it but the unit does nothing, when I let go the light goes off. I assume something has fried. Any ideas on a fix? If not, what make and model would you guys suggest I replace her with. Thanks.

Default Dolphin Primal X3 (Supreme M3) any good?

Looking for a new cleaner as my Blue Pearl just died. Came across the Dolphin Primal X3 and was wondering if it would be good for my 20 by 40 vinyl IG pool. How do its filter screens compare to the bag filters that I am used to. Will it climb walls well? Is it safe on the liner. Should I get this or is there something else that is similar and not a lot more than the roughly $600 this goes for. Thanks.

Moderator note: I have merged these two threads since they are the same topic from the same poster. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic. Thank you. CarlD
    Last edited by CarlD; 05-18-2014 at 11:49 PM.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Blue Pearl dead, need advice on new cleaner or a fix.

Contact the manufacturer's tech support. Blue Pearl is an economical sibling to the Blue Diamond and they have EXCELLENT customer support, whether the BP is in or out of warranty. That's the place to start.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Contact the manufacturer's tech support. Blue Pearl is an economical sibling to the Blue Diamond and they have EXCELLENT customer support, whether the BP is in or out of warranty. That's the place to start.
    Thanks, but since I bought the Blue Pearl when they first came out it is had a good life at this point and to put several hundred dollars into it would likely be throwing good money after bad. I ordered a Dolphin Primal X3 which should be here on Tuesday. It just seemed to make more sense to spend six hundred and get a two year warranty than to dump a minimum of $250 into the old unit. That would be the cost for the power unit, if it was the motor or pump we are talking $400 plus. Further, I would need a new filter bag shortly which is about $50. Thanks.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Well, good luck with the new one. I don't know that model Dolphin at all.
    Carl

Well my Dolphin Primal X3 arrived a few hours ago. Glad to have it as the Pearl has been dead a while and the pool had lots of crap in it. Threw it in the pool and turned it on and it went right to work. Its been running for about 90 minutes and has just about cleaned everything up, no clue how long it goes for in a complete cycle. If anyone cares to watch it do its thing I took my iPhone and videoed it for about four minutes:

+ Reply to Thread