+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Conditioner gone!!!!!

Default Conditioner gone!!!!!

Ok yesterday I put in a gallon of liquid conditioner as my cl reading was 3.0 and I didnt want to lose it. Today I have no chlorine and no conditioner. So now what do I do? I thought I was doing the right thing, so I just added 2 more gallons of bleach but I'm not hoping for much, any ideas??????
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)
    I only trust the k-2006 titration is better for me

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Conditioner gone!!!!!

"Condtioner" aka Stabilizer or CYA doesn't "disappear" unless you wash it out or have a super-swamp science project in your pool. But chlorine does.

Each gallon of 8.25% bleach will add about 6.3 ppm of Free chlorine. If your CYA is 0, yes, it's probably enough.
    Carl

Ok Carl what would you say happened to it? I put the conditioner in the skimmer it said that would be ok? wrong? I'll just keep adding bleach I guess Thanks for getting back
    13000 gallon fiberglass, variable speed pump, cartridge filter, chlorine sanitized ,k-2006, also daily 5 item check ( ch, ph,ta,)

Ok Carl the label said I could add through the skimmer I guess that was wrong. I guess I will just add bleach from now on and skip the rest. Thanks Carl

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Breathe, relax. OK.

According to The Pool Calculator(only use as directed) one gallon of liquid conditioner in 13000 gallon pool will add only 28 ppm CYA. 30 PPM CYA is the minimum readable on the CYA test that comes with the K-2006. The CYA's not gone, just below detection.

I'm sorry, I think you've posted in other threads but I can't recall right now. What are your most recent readings? How does the water look? What chlorine sources do you have on hand?
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Sorry u r right I'm breathing now lol my cl reads nothing on my test kit. However ph is 7.4 and ally is within range 80. I'm just confused how to better my bleach. I also bought a bags of 68% cal hypo shock. Would it help to add that? I just want to keep numbers up maybe not always but a good deal part of the time Summer hasn't even started. Thanks so much for getting back. Dave

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I'm sorry for losing track, did you have CYA last year? Did you refill the pool?

Thinks for getting back and yes I had cya last year I mean I had to juggle cl now and then but I always had some cya. I checked always. That's why I'm so confused now. I guess it's just a bleach thing I didn't know I could control it thru bleach. I've put in 4 gallons this week 8.25%. Maybe it will even out hops so

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I haven't checked but I trust Dave's info that 1 gallon of liquid conditioner would add 28ppm of chlorine to your pool. IF that's the case, you'll probably want to up it some to around 50. Without it, you'll struggle to keep chlorine in the pool.

CYA can be decomposed by bacteria over the winter when FC often goes to 0. Sometimes the result is ammonia. Clearing ammonia will take a lot of bleach (or cal-hypo). To find out how much chlorine it may take, read and perform Bucket testing for chlorine demand. It's important to stay ahead of the FC as algae will grow whenever FC is low.

+ Reply to Thread