+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CHlorine/bleach wash

Default CHlorine/bleach wash

Due to high cya and tds levels I am draining my pool this weekend. After the pool is drained I would like to chlorine/bleach wash it and then hit it with the pressure washer. What ratio of bleach to water should I use? Also is there anything recommended to help clean up the plaster other than acid washing. The pool doesn't look terrible but being that it is going to be empty I might as well put in the work.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: CHlorine/bleach wash

Where do you live? Do you have a high water table? An empty pool can literally pop out of the ground in a place where the water table is high. I'll let PoolDoc talk to you about cleaning up your plaster.

I live in Phoenix so I'm not really too worried about the pool popping out of the ground. Currently the pool is about 2/3 empty. A couple more hours and it should be completely empty and ready for me to get started first thing in the morning.

Well I'm happy to say that all went extremely well. Saturday morning I started by chlorine washing the pool. I used 4 gallons of 8.25% bleach and lightly agitated it with a brush followed up by a good rinse. After draining that mixture from the bottom of the pool I had a few stubborn stains that I got up with a weak acid solution. After that I pressure washed the pool and then filled it. WOW what a difference. My pool was built in 2002 and I bought the house in 2004. In 2009 I had the pool acid washed but I honestly think that it looks better just from me pressure washing it than having it acid washed.. I am now working on getting the water balanced and then it's time to put in the SWCG.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Glad it went well!

+ Reply to Thread