+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Purchase Questions

Default Pool Purchase Questions

Hello All. My husband and I are looking at to different places to purchase an inground swimming pool. We are looking at the 3' Radius True Ell size 16' x 42' x 24'. The two places are only a couple hundred dollars off in price. The main differences are the first place recommends a Fusion 25 Nature 2 Sanitizer unit with no main bottom drain. They also offer a 28 mil liner with double polyethylene flexible pipes. The second place recommends a salt system with a double bottom drain. They use a 20 mil liner with schedule 40 pvc pipe. I have went back and forth between the two companies but of course the both say they are the best and why they are the best. I really don't know what to believe at this point. Besides my house, this is the biggest purchase we will make and I really don't want to make the wrong decision. Can someone please help and offer advice? We are located in Central, Pennsylvania if that helps. Thanks again!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Pool Purchase Questions

a main drain is good to have, two are required to prevent entrapment. I would not use flexible pipe underground, schedule 40 PVC is standard. The claims of most mineral systems vary from misleading to outright lies. I wouldn't have a Nature 2 system and would cut it out if I did. Many people here love their Salt Water Chlorine Geretors. I'd prefer a thicker liner to thinner - can company 2 move on that?

I'd also look for two skimmers and several returns. Pipes should be larger where the flows are joined.

What pump / filter? Heater? Lights?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pool Purchase Questions

. . . membership updated.

Flex pipes of all pipes have a much higher failure rate than S40 PVC, though heavy black polyethylene is better than flex PVC.

+ Reply to Thread