+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie here - Vinyl pool, Letro Jet Vac, and booster pump grinding noise

Default Newbie here - Vinyl pool, Letro Jet Vac, and booster pump grinding noise

Hello, Have just opened my inground pool and my Hayward Booster pump is making a grinding noise. Little pressure is coming out of side wall discharge. The pump is original (rebuilt couple times) and I believe was installed in about 1997-1998. I was looking at replacing my Jet Vac with a new pool cleaner and want your opinions in which to consider that would use my existing wall fitting, if possible. Now it appears I need a new booster pump also. Pool is large "L" shaped that is 43' long and 24' wide in the "L"..... section. Look forward to your comments and suggestions. Thanks -

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Newbie here - Vinyl pool, Letro Jet Vac, and booster pump grinding noise

The Polaris 180 / 280 series still have probably the best reliability and performance of any of the booster driven cleaners.
    Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner

Default Re: Newbie here - Vinyl pool, Letro Jet Vac, and booster pump grinding noise

Thanks - I was looking at the 280 today and some kits have a booster pump with them for total of 598.... Than I will have to connect and plumb it up.....
    Inground Vinyl "L" shaped

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

sounds like a deal! Just be careful who you buy from; make sure that there's a physical company listed that will take returns and handle warranties.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread