+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame pool.

Default Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame pool.

Hi,
    Thanks for hosting this forum.
    I have an Intex Ultra Frame 12x24x52" pool in my back yard.
    Sadly it must sit under a few trees that can not be removed so there is a continual leaf problem.
    The sand filter set up on this pool does nothing to clear the surface of this debris, so I am constantly having to scoop and vacuum.
    My question is, do you guys know of any body who sells a skimmer type catch filter that will mount to the existing plumbing or is this a modification thing I need to try and rig up?
    My second question is, Are there any automatic vacuums that can attach to the outflow and run automatically to clean the floor and walls or is this something I'll be stuck doing manually with a garden hose?
    Thanks in advance for any help and I hope I wasn't too long winded.
    The Brabarian.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame po

There is a product that was talked about awhile back on the forum that a lot of people liked. I don't know anything about it but looked it up for you. The website is http://www.poolskimusa.com/. If you click on "reviews" on that page, it links back to one of our threads where it was discussed. Whether it will work with an Intex is something I don't know. I have never owned an Intex but several others have, Dave being one of them. Maybe he will see this thread and comment.

As far as automatic pressure side cleaners for an Intex, again, maybe Dave or someone else with some Intex pool experience will be able to address that. (However, the poolskim mentioned above attaches to the return jet so you wouldn't be able to run it and another pressure side cleaner.)

Anyway ---- just a little info for what its worth. I have not used nor seen this product but just remember it being discussed.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Default Re: Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame po

OK, Well thanks for the link. Maybe that will be a place to start.
    I appreciate the timely response.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You're welcome! Hopefully some others will chime in with some more thoughts for you about this.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

When I had my intex inflateable ring pool, I had an Intex skimmer that mounted (sort-of) to the inflateable ring. It required alot of fiddling as the ring would expand during the day with the sun on it. I think that on a frame pool, it would work better. The following link looks like an updated version of what I had Intex Krystal Clear Wall-Mounted Pool Surface Skimmer. If you buy it through the link the PoolForum gets some coin to keep the lights on.

I also had an above ground robotic cleaner that worked pretty well for cleaning the floor but didn't last very long. You could probably figure out a way to connect a hose to the skimmer's suction for vaccuuming.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

I went to several pool supply companies looking for something to attach, but the only things they had were such small lines that without some serious reduction fittings they would never work.

But again with this, the outflow would be severely restricted and that worries me as to how it could effect my sand filter pump.

Long story short, I purchased a separate small pump, similar to what Big Dave mentioned and with a few adaptions have made something that will fit under the deck and run separately as just a skimmer by itself.

Thank you guys for your ideas though.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I'd love to see a picture of your solution.

I'll post them soon. Just finished a good cleaning of the inside and will start filling it today.
    Thanks again.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Well, that didn't work as well as I would have liked.
    The small filter pump hoses must go over the side due to not having any existing holes and this creates a problem with the natural pressure of the water helping the pump.
    Long story short........ The basket collect a small amount of debris, but not nearly enough to warrant the costs.
    I can't believe Intex doesn't offer some type of product to skim their Ultraframe pools.
    But I'm nothing if not persistant and will figure something out if it kills me. LOL
    Thanks again for the help though.

ps. Can someone explain why new members do not get access to the archives? I think it would save a lot of hassle for the moderators if we could look through previously answered questions, saving them much time re-answering the same thing.
    Intex Ultra 12x24

+ Reply to Thread