+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame pool.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame po

Where are you not able to look? Have you tried using the Google search in the bottom of mine or Ben's signature blocks?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Wanting to change wall mounted screen filter to a skimmer on Intex Ultra Frame po

If you are referring to the status of *Trial* members, the reason is that as many as 10% of new members on any given day are actually spammers. Some of those guys, if they get in, will post 100 or more times in a single hour, before one of us can catch it, creating situation that's very time consuming to resolve. Ironically, using the current gateway process, they usually don't even bother to post, since the New User section is not public, and not visible to Google.

I've tried many things over the years to keep spammers out, but this current gateway process has been far and away the most effective.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Regarding the skimmer, you may want to look at this Intex video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxh4nwmY7I

As you can see, their skimmer is intended to connect where the side drain is.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

That's a lot like the one I had. It does work.

I was referring to the search box in the upper right. I assumed it was much like most sights where you can type in a subject and look for previous threads about them.
    As for the skimmer video, I had that type skimmer on my previous Intex pool, but the one I currently have, an Intex Ultra Frame model does not have the same type of inflow hook ups and I've not found any adapters that would allow that type skimmer to hook up there.
    I also have concerns of would a skimmer like that have adverse actions for my pump being as it is a sand filter type pump and the debris potentially clogging the line and adversely affecting the performance of the sand filter and pump.
    Once again though, I thank you all for your continued help in fixing this.
    Currently I have installed a fish pond type submersible pump and rigged a hose to the skimmer bucket. It works somewhat but not to my hopes and it is also not ascetically pleasing having a pump inside the pool.
    Intex Ultra 12x24

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Use the Google search in the bottom of mine or Ben's signature boxes. It will search through all of the threads on Pool Forum and also Pool Solutions which is our sister website. Much better than the search box in the upper right!

Ok, very good. Thanks WaterMom!
    I think I have the problem solved as best as I can.
    I found an aftermarket skimmer that has an adapter that threads to the inside of the stock inflow cap, I never even noticed there being threads there until I tested the adapter size to see if it would fit on the original fitting.
    Long story short, I now have a skimmer with a serious eddy in it that is clearing the surface in just under 10 minutes.
    I'll just have to be diligent on watching the skimmer bucket so it doesn't clog and burn up my sand filter pump.
    Intex Ultra 12x24

Good deal. Glad you found one that will work for you!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by The Brabarian View Post
    ... I'll just have to be diligent on watching the skimmer bucket so it doesn't clog and burn up my sand filter pump.
    The Intex skimmer bucket has a rubber flap at the bottom to prevent exactly that.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. That is good to know. You've put my mind at rest.
    Thank you!
    Intex Ultra 12x24

+ Reply to Thread