+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I search all the forums?

Default How do I search all the forums?

Registered and now when I look at the forums i only see stuff under Ben's Corner. Do I need to pay to view the other forums?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: How do I search all the forums?

No, once your registration is completed, you'll be able to see everything. Until then, which hopefully won't be long, if you log out you can see the entire forum.

As far as searching, instead of using the forum software's search feature, the Google search in either mine or Ben's signatures boxes is a much better way to search not only the entire forum, but also our sister website poolsolutions.com.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: How do I search all the forums?

The registration process funnels you into a single forum, so we can more easily keep up with it. I tried leaving the other sections visible, after explaining that first posts have to be here --- but probably 50% of new users don't read any of the emails. As a result, they ended up complaining that they couldn't post.

Also, the 'funnel' keeping first posts here, screens out the few spammers who make it through the registration process. And since this section is not visible to Google or the Internet, they have little incentive to spam this section.

Regarding searching, you'll have to search via Google; you can do so here: http://www.poolsolutions.com/search.html

Unfortunately someone seems to discover, fairly regularly, a security hole in the vBulletin internal search function, so it's only available to long time users and subscribers which pretty much guarantees that they aren't would be hackers. (Any yes, I have had spammers pay to try to gain access!)

It's a pain, but I'm not the one that turned the Internet into a Sleaze-a-thon. I just have to deal with the fact that it is what it is.

+ Reply to Thread