Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Above Ground (AG) Pool Gallery

Default Re: Above Ground Pool Gallery

Poolbuoy - tried to pm you but your mailbox was full. Did you get my private email?

Anyway, sweeeeeet solar panel set up. Question, how do the panels connect? I have some that look similar. They are tiny hoses that connect at the ends to barbs similar to drip irrigation formed on a pipe and they are beginning to leak something terrible.

I just got back from Pittsfield, MA. I almost put a post out to see if anyone lived in the area for a visit. Shoulda.

Thanks.

Thanks Faithfulfrank! The deck WAS alot of work for ALL of my friends: ha ha: I called them all up and said: Beer and Steak.... Two of them came over on Thursday, set the post and 12 guys were here on Saturday and finished the whole thing. My neighbors came over on the Sunday after and were cracking up: said it was like an Old Fashioned Amish Barn Raising Party, never saw a Deck go up so fast. The rest of the wives and I just sat on the existing Deck (red part) and watched, sun bathed and got the beer when 1 on them said they were thirsty and cooked when they said they were hungry. It was pretty comical, but having good friends is always awesome! The only part of the deck that I worked on was the decorations: tiki torches and such:

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Just a word of caution about the tiki torches. I had one explode this past June and burnt my deck. It was minor and no one gut hurt but I have moved mine to the yard.
    Very nice set up.
    Steve

Last edited by PoolDoc; 02-02-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: fix pic

poolbuoy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst poolbuoy 0

Sharklinejk, Pool looks great!....But, What's up with the weed control on the pond? Why so much? Props must be getting clooged all the time, not to mention spreading weeds from area to area.

haze_1956 is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst haze_1956 0

Anybody else find that picture of a child diving head first into a 4 foot deep pool distressing ??

Safety is always the prime concern with a pool !!!

It sure caught my eye. sharklinejk, you sure have a nice looking place and all, but I know you'd give it all up if one of your loved ones were hurt. And being hurt diving into an AG pool never ends well.

http://www.anokacountyunion.com/2003...8accident.html

On a less serious note, you sure have a nice looking place. I'd love to have a deck like that around our pool. What body of water is that behind your pool? You must really enjoy sitting on the deck and enjoying the view. Nice.
    Last edited by les_smith; 08-15-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Ok, have to ask, what is the difference between diving into a 4' AGP and a 3 1/2' IGP? We dove in the shallow end all the time for swim team.
    Perhaps this child is used to diving into a shallow pool (although she does not appear to be doing a shallow dive...)
    Please don't slam me, yes I know safety is important, and accidents do happen.

ETA: GORGEOUS pool and yard and waterway, sharklinejk!! What a view!
    ~Grace

Avid reader of this forum
    but alas, no pool... yet!

haze_1956 is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst haze_1956 0

=GraceByDesign]Ok, have to ask, what is the difference between diving into a 4' AGP and a 3 1/2' IGP? We dove in the shallow end all the time for swim team.
    The difference is mostly the type of pool, A shallow pool used for competitive swimming is very long, the energy from the dive is used up well before any wall is encountered. It isn't just the hitting the bottom that can cause injury.

And it CAN happen!!

I have a friend who suffered a spinal injury from diving and hitting the wall in his AG as a teenager. He has been in a wheelchair since then, over 30 years.

Thank you all for the comments on the pool and the deck and the yard and all that: To answer some questions: Body of water: Its actually Lake Erie, just and inlet off of it called shantee creek. The weeds are stupid Lilly Pads and they only started growing about 3 years ago, at which time some moron told everyone that they were an endagered species so people were afraid to treat them to get rid of them (as you can see by the front of my property I didnt have that problem) But now everyone is getting on the bandwagon and has realized that they are NOT endagered and they can kill them all!

Daughter diving in: one of you had it correct: she is on a swim team and has been for years, I know it makes me nervous but you'de be amazed at how she actually just skims the surface when she is diving. The picture did not do her justice, and usually she dives more from the end and on the angled part of the deck. She swims on two different teams so she swims 10 months out of the year competitively (yes I drive alot) But just trust me the dive was not deep at all and she has never done a deep dive. She only wanted to do that one from the side cuz she knew I was taking a pic: HAM that she is.....

Quote Originally Posted by medvampire
    Jennifer
    Just a word of caution about the tiki torches. I had one explode this past June and burnt my deck. It was minor and no one gut hurt but I have moved mine to the yard.
    Thanks, I will make sure to keep an eye on them, I never have them lit unless I or my husband are out there. Now will pay even more attention. Thanks.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 02-02-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Closed Thread